Fudfood and I share our thoughts on what stood out to us from the opening night of GamesCon as well as the new free-roam PVP VR game at Zero Latency in Abu Dhabi
Top Picks from GamesCon
Saints Row Remake
A remake of the game that will just be titled Saints Row will be coming February 25th 2022 and will be available on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and S, and the Epic Game Store
Taking place in the fictional Santo Ileso, the game will be made up of nine individual districts that are designed to make use of different transportation methods; running, driving, and flying in a wingsuit are some of these methods
There are three distinct gangs that you can encounter in the game; The Panteros who are muscle-car enthusiasts, the Marshall Defense Industries who are a local sci-fi weapons developer, and the Idos who are a group of Kawaii Cyberpunk Anarchists with light-up cat ear helmets.
The team of protagonists are Eli who is an MBA student and the strategist, Neenah who is the driver and works as a mechanic, Kevin who is a thrill-seeking DJ, and you make the fourth member of the team. Your character is very customizable with claims of the "most advanced suite" of customization tools in any open-world game.
Cross-platform co-op will be available from the start of the game and the campaign can be completed through untethered co-op play. You can also prank your co-op partner and hinder their progress in the game.
The developers decided to remake the game instead of working on Saints Row V because they felt that the narrative of the previous games has run its course and that tastes and attitudes have moved on. Yet, they are still adding silly weapons to the game and plan on having a fun and wacky vibe as the previous games.
Halo Infinite release information
- Halo Infinite will be released on Xbox One and Series X and S consoles and on PC on December 8th.
- Both Campaign and Multiplayer will be released together
- A cinematic trailer for multiplayer Season 1 was released as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOthvD1rMbQ&t=154s
- Multiplayer will be free-to-play, but co-op campaign is expected to be available 3 months after launch and Forge level editor will be available around 6 months after launch.
- 343 Industries did consider delaying the game beyond 2021, however since the campaign and multiplayer modes were ready-to-ship and people have been waiting for a long time, they decided against delaying the game.
TMNT: Shredder's Revenge
- April O'Neil is a new playable character using her microphone and camera as weapons
- She can revive fallen turtles with a slice of pepperoni pizza
- Team attacks will allow players to combine attacks to fight off enemies (such as Leo spinning and then throwing April at Foot Soldiers, or butt slamming an enemy from both sides)
Splitgate Season 0
- New battle pass with 100 levels, and new seasonal challenges and rewards
- New Karman Station Map
- New mode is called Contamination where contaminated players are only equipped with melee weapons and they earn points by contaminating as many opponents as possible by killing them with the melee, until everyone is contaminated. Uninfected players have a shotgun and earn points by killing as many contaminated players as they can.
Sol Raiders: VR PVP experience
- It is a 4v4 Shooter and Capture the flag style game
- Two shooting modes
- Objective is to either move the Sol orb to your team side or scan a data port
- Team Communication is paramount to be successful
- F: We were teamed up with two other players, Kerunga and HMD, and only one of us knew anything about this game. We were agaisnt Mohd, Silent Killer, Oneofakindprincess and Abdul.
- F: Kerunga was our team captain since he played the game once before.
- F: The game is easy to learn, hard to master as it is reliant on your knowledge of the map and how well your team works together
- F: My thoughts after playing this game is that I wanted to play it again, especially since our team had a working formula to win
Flash Entertainment PUBG Mobile MENA Cup
- Taking place from 3rd to 9th of September
- 3rd and 4th will be for off-stream qualifiers
- 5th and 6th will be for on-stream qualifiers
- 7th and 8th will be for on-stream semi-finals
- 9th will be for the on-stream finals
- Total prize pool of 18,000 AED
- 10,000 AED for first place
- 5,000 AED for second place
- 3,000 AED for third place
- Map pool selection will be Erangel, Miramar, Karakin, Sanhok
- Registration at adgaming.ae
- First MENA Cup was for Dota 2 and was one of the largest Dota 2 tournaments in the region
- 744 players across 159 teams competed for the 20,000 AED prize pool and a business class ticket provided by partner Etihad Airways
Stardew Valley gets it's first ever competitive cup
Xbox Cloud Gaming on consoles
- Xbox Cloud Gaming will be available on Xbox Series X and S this holiday season
- It will be available for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate users through the Game Pass app, and games will be targeted to run up to 1080 at 60fps
- Xbox Cloud Gaming is slated to make its way to Xbox One consoles in the future